May is API Heritage Month and the API Parent Engagement Group has prepared a fun line-up of cultural and educational events throughout the month of May. Join us as we celebrate and share our rich diverse cultures. We'll be learning hula, kung fu, and Bhangra dance as well as folding origami and learning about Tibetan prayer flags. There will also be a parent education night and a panel discussion about the importance of speaking up.
Everyone is welcome! A detailed calendar of events, with descriptions, Zoom links, etc. can be found at https://sites.google.com/view/api-heritage-month.
- Thur, 5/6 @ 7pm -- Origami Toys
- Wed, 5/12 @ 7pm -- Marin IDEA Parent Ed Night: Parenting with Identity in Mind
- Sat, 5/15 @ 10am -- Bhangra Beats Dance Party
- Wed, 5/19 @ 7pm -- Tibetan Prayer Flags
- Thur, 5/20 @ 7pm -- Hula: The Heartbeat of the Hawaiian People
- Sat, 5/22 @ 2pm -- Kung Fu Training
- Thur, 5/27 @ 7:30pm -- API Panel Discussion: Speaking Up and Sharing Our Stories
If you are interested in joining the API Parent Engagement Group, sign-up here.
Questions? Email AlbanyAPIparents@gmail.com