Welcome to Albany Middle School Athletics
Welcome to Albany Middle School Athletics! We are excited about the opportunity to provide your son/daughter with an opportunity to develop physically, mentally and emotionally while participating on one of our interscholastic athletic teams. We trust it will be a positive experience that he/she will never forget.
If you have any questions about Athletics at Albany Middle School Athletics, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions sheet (see link below). We hope this information is helpful in getting your questions answered.
Zach Babitt - Athletic Director
Below is the list of sports we offer by season.
Fall Season: August-November
Girls Volleyball Cross Country (Boys/Girls) Flag Football
8A/8B Grades 6-8 Grades 7-8 and
7A/7B Grade 6
Girls Basketball* (Nov.-Feb.) Boys Basketball* (Dec.-Mar.) Boys/Girls Soccer (Nov.- Dec.)
8A 8A Grades 7-8 (2 Co-ed teams)
Boys/Girls Wrestling (Feb. - April)
Spring Season: (March-May)
Boys/Girls Track & Field Boys/Girls Ultimate Frisbee
Grades 6-8 Grades 6-8
Athletic Program Philosophy
Athletics play an important part in the Albany Unified School District. Young people learn a great deal from their participation in interscholastic athletics. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition and how to win and lose gracefully are an integral part of each team in our athletic program. Athletics play an important part, too, in helping the individual student develop a healthy self-concept as well as a healthy body. Athletic competition adds to our school spirit and helps all students – spectators as well as participants – develop pride in their school. The athletic program helps also to promote the physical, social, and emotional well-being and character development of participating students.
Objectives/ Goals of the Athletic Program:
1. To develop self-motivation, to build self-esteem and confidence
2. Learn to try your best, develop skills and continually improve
3. To have fun and expand interest in lifetime and leisure activities
4. To be part of a team
Support Albany Athletics with just a few clicks:
- UPDATED: Check out team recognition! Please Click here to check out the latest AAB Recognition “shout-outs” and team pictures and be sure to like us on our Albany Athletics Facebook page
- Stay informed and sign up here to join the Albany Athletics Boosters email distro
- Support your sport! Please click here to donate to Albany athletics for AMS and AHS
Thank you - Albany Athletics Boosters